This page is continuously updated. Last update: June 21st 2021
ATTENTION! Those who are in possession of a Covid-19 vaccination (full vaccination or first injection before/on June 19th) or of a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 (valid on race day) do NOT have to carry out an antigen or molecular test.
For participants who do not have one of the above certifications, they have the following two options:
• carry out an antigen swab test or molecular test in an authorised and accredited, public or private health facility; as well as in pharmacies, or from general practitioners or paediatricians of free choice, carried out from Thursday July 1st and therefore valid until July 4th, race day;
• or carry out an antigen test on site. Until June 24th 2021 it will be possible to book the test directly at following link:
In addition to the obligation to sanitise your hands often, you must wear a mask at all times (except during the sport activity) and always keep a safe distance away from others in all situations, it will be possible to pick up the starting number and to participate to the Maratona by presenting one of the following documents recognised by the Alto Adige Health Authority:
• Certificate of recovery from Covid-19, valid on race day
• Covid-19 vaccination certificate (full vaccination or first injection before/on June 19th)
• a negative antigen swab test or molecular test carried out from Thursday July 1st and therefore valid until July 4th, race day.
• Italian Green Pass
• Corona Pass Alto Adige
• For participants from abroad, from July 1st the Digital Green Certificate (DGC) will be valid. Further details will be published as soon as they are announced by the European Community.
Only certificates in Italian, English or German will be accepted.
Those who arrive in Alta Badia without a certificate or negative test can carry out an antigen test on site. From June 21st to 24th it will be possible to book the test directly on the Maratona website maratona.it/safety.
It is compulsory to wear a mask at all times. You can only remove your mask 30 seconds before your grid starts and you must put it back on immediately after crossing the finish line.
Caution: it is compulsory to wear a mask at the refreshment points.
Furthermore, the regional and national rules in force at the time must always be followed.
White areas, such as the area for the starting number pick up, the starting grids, the refreshment stands and the pasta party area at the finish line, can only be accessed by participants. In order to access the white areas, the participant must show the pass received when checking in at the starting number pick up.
The exhibition area Maratona Village and the Maratona Shop are also accessible to family members and companions, as the national regulations governing local markets and shops shall apply.
Participants are required to wear a surgical mask (or equivalent). Other masks are not allowed.
For entry into Italy is it currently mandatory to have:
• 1 negative test (PCR or antigen), carried out within the previous 48 hours (it is compulsory even if the person has recovered or is vaccinated).
• Online registration through the following link: Passenger Locator Form (PLF) before crossing the border.
• Notify the local health authority of entry into Italy by means of the following online document: Online-Form.
If you have any further questions regarding safety, please visit the question and answer page HERE
The above listed measures are subject to change depending on the development of the epidemiological situation. Further information on the "We care about you" health protocol will be communicated subsequently on maratona.it/safety