Charity entries 2020
388 GOLD, PLATINUM and CRYSTAL-TICKETS can be purchased by credit card exclusively online on www.maratona.it
194 charity entries at an increased price which surcharge is destined for charity (less the registration fee of 131 euro) were sold on November 25th 2019.
Further 194 charity entries will be sold (payment by credit card) on our website www.maratona.it on March 25th 2020 as from 6 p.m. (GMT+1).
• 175 GOLD entries at a price of 300,00 Euro;
• 15 PLATINUM entries at a price of 500,00 Euro;
• 4 CRYSTAL entries at a price of 1.500,00 Euro.
With the purchase of a charity entry you will get a small souvenir from the charity organization in addition to a preferential starting grid (Gold registrations in the second grid, and the Platinum and Crystal registrations in the first starting grid).
This year, four different organisations will be able to take their work that one step further, thanks to the proceeds generated by our charity registrations.
• the Südtiroler Sporthilfe (www.sporthilfe.it) which supports real sporting talents, young people who can not afford to finance their competitions;
• the Association of Groups of Belluno "Insieme si può" ("Together we can") a non-profit making organization NPA/NGO (www.365giorni.org) which supports the project related to the support of the activities of artistic growth and expression for children orphaned by war in Afghanistan;
• Arte Sella Association (www.artesella.it) which supports the project to rebuild the “Art-Nature” trail and the garden of Villa Strobele, shown on this page.
• the “Alex Zanardi BIMBINGAMBA" Association (www.bimbingamba.com) which makes artificial limbs for children who have undergone amputations and do not have access to proper health care.
• We will also give concrete help to the municipality of Livinallongo, badly hit by the bad weather of 29 October 2018, in the construction of a playground dedicated to the primary school students of the village.
RESTART LIFE, RESTART PEACE
Afghanistan is a country where, for the past 40 years, men, women and children have only known about war and fundamentalism, with the horror and violence they entail.
There is a desperate need for peace and reconstruction, reaffirmation of positive values and respect for everyone’s rights. This is why we’ve chosen to support those in the country who have made a commitment to promote, on a daily basis, a present and a future that include justice and union, convinced that true rebirth starts by accompanying children in their human growth and development.
The Afceco network of orphanages, with which “Insieme si può...” has been working in partnership for many years, offers not only refuge, food and schooling to hundreds of orphaned girls and boys, but is also committed to reconstructing the connections of these children with their roots and developing their attitudes and dreams of a better future. The children at the AFCECO orphanages are taught about tolerance, respect for diversity, environmental awareness, respect for the rights of others and strong values of integrity, commitment and care.
An effective tool like no other for encouraging these young people and making them grow up as promoters of these values is.. art! Afceco has always prioritised dance, song, music and graphic arts featuring children themselves. In a situation such as that in Afghanistan, these are unique and extraordinary experiences that have a positive influence and light up the retrograde and desperate context of the country, showing the beautiful side of life and the enrichment that comes from positive encounters.
Through this project:
• We are supporting a workshop for visual arts, complete with all the necessary materials and tools, where an art teacher holds courses especially for children... the most successful works of art are then put up for sale to support new activities!
• We are completing a small musical recording studio with the essential equipment and devices (audio mixer, microphones, loudspeakers and a heavy-duty laptop)... the musicians and singers are already performing in a little tour!
• We are contributing to providing traditional dance costumes and to completing the facilities and activities of the Dance for Hope Studio in Afghanistan, so that people can admire the young female dancers who express themselves through dance with passion and skill - it’s a miracle that touches the hearts of everyone.
With this project we are promoting art that enhances little lives, art that will create a future of peace.
Arte Sella: the contemporary Mountain. For over thirty years, this has represented a place where art, music, dance and other expressions of human creativity come together, creating a unique dialogue between human ingenuity and the natural world.
On 29th October 2018, Arte Sella was hit by Storm Vaia: the Art-Nature trail used to harmoniously wind its way around the forest on the southern slopes of Mount Armentera, which was demolished in just a few seconds by the strong winds, as was the garden of Villa Strobele, which had been a unique exhibition space dedicated to international architecture since 2017, after hosting the first editions of Arte Sella.
This project contributes to the reconstruction of the Art-Nature trail and the garden of Villa Strobele.
The Association “Alex Zanardi BIMBINGAMBA” non-profit making organization makes artificial limbs for children who have undergone amputations and do not have access to proper health care. These children come from all over the world and have lost one or more limbs as a result of accidents, illness or injuries from explosives or firearms in war zones.
BIMBINGAMBA Association operates thanks to OTTO BOCK SOLUZIONI ORTOPEDICHE SRL c / o the operative office R.T.M. of Budrio (Bo) and Studio Ferri & Associati of Bologna.
Throughout their stay in Italy the children also receive logistical assistance. Until 2019 more than 160 child amputees have been treated.
The Association is also actively involved in the BIMBINGAMBA – Sport project, designed to get children with amputations or spinal injuries into the sport of handbike.
Furthermore the Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel started a charity collaboration with Action Medical Research, an UK-wide charity funding vital research to help sick and disabled babies and children. They have been funding medical breakthroughs since they began in 1952 and almost everyone has been touched in some way by their ground breaking work like the first polio vaccines in the UK, ultrasound in pregnancy and the rubella vaccine. The research they have funded has helped save thousands of children’s lives and changed many more.
Every pound raised has helped fund studies that could one day help children like Monroe, who at one week old lost his battle against the serious bowel condition, necrotising enterocolitis, Iona, who at five was diagnosed with brain cancer and little Joshua who had a rare and incurable condition, Jeune syndrome, and needed a ventilator to help him breathe.
Purchase a charity registration for the Maratona 2020 with Action Medical Research HERE
See also Charity Projects: